Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement explains how Panasonic R&D Center Singapore, its parent company and affiliates (“Panasonic”, “we”, “us”, “our”) will collect, use and disclose Personal Information that we obtain through the URL: http://www.prdcsg.panasonic.com.sg (“Web Site”).
“Personal Information” refers to all and any information relating to you (including, but not limited to your name, contact numbers, email address, mailing address, password and Internet Protocol address) obtained by us via your access to or use of the Web Site.
Your access and use of the Web Site (including providing of your Personal Information) constitutes your consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
In order to serve you better, we may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review this Web page so as to be informed of any changes to this Privacy Statement.
- Collection and Use
- We may collect the following information when you access the Web Site:
- Anonymous web statistics collected as you browse the website
- Personal Information you knowingly provide us when you (i) register your product, (ii) sign up for product information, (iii) participate in direct marketing activities such as online promotion, surveys and lucky draws, and/or (iv) submit a question or provide feedback or otherwise contact us or request information from us, (v) carry out a transaction through the Web Site
We may also collect and process Personal Information from other entities in the Panasonic group or from a third party who may lawfully pass to us information about you, including but not limited to our suppliers, agents as well as authorized dealers and resellers.
You agree we may use your Personal Information to
- monitor use of, customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- provide services and customer support you request
- allow you to participate in contests and surveys;
- send you marketing, service updates and promotional offers you request; and
- We shall not be liable for data input errors arising from your registration or submission of Personal Information.
- Cookies and Passive Tracking
- A “cookie” is an element of data that can be sent to your browser. Your browser may then store it on your system based on the preferences you have set on your browser. Cookies gather information about your operating system including, but not limited to, browser type, and Internet Protocol address.
- You have the option to configure your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Further, you have the option to block all cookies. Please note, however, that if you refuse or otherwise block cookies you may not be able to use all of the functionality available on the Web Site.
- Access, Correction and Withdrawal of Consent
- We provide individuals with access to their Personal Information where we believe appropriate, including in situations where you are entitled to access and review your Personal Information under applicable data protection and privacy laws. If you wish to access, update or withdraw consent for the use of the Personal Information that you have submitted through the Web Site, or to make any inquiries about the processing of such information, please contact us as described in Section 9.
- International Transfers and Storage
- The Personal Information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination across international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with Panasonic’s standard business practices. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Security and Safeguards
- We will use commercially reasonable endeavours to place appropriate security safeguards to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access or accidental loss.
- Our employees are aware of the importance of maintaining confidentiality of the Personal Information collected.
- We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we are unable to give an absolute assurance for the security of the information you transmit over the Internet.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Web Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Disclosure and Retention
- We may provide or transfer your Personal Information you provide to other entities in the Panasonic group, our authorised dealers and resellers as well as our suppliers and agents in accordance with Section 4.1 within the purpose of use described in Section 1.3, but will not share or disclose your personal information to other third parties without your permission unless
- required to do so in compliance with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order;
- upon the request of a government, regulatory or law enforcement agency;
- for the investigation and help to prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to enforce/protect the rights and properties of Panasonic or its affiliates; or
- to protect the rights or personal safety of Panasonic employees and third parties.
- We do not keep personal information for longer than is necessary for those purposes for which they are collected.
- Protection of Minors
- If you are under the age of 18 years, please do not submit any Personal Information without the consent from your parent(s) or legal guardian.
- Third Party Web Sites and Social Media Sites
- The Web Site may contain links to other web sites hosted by third parties whose privacy practices may differ from us. We do not endorse or make any representations about these third party websites and will not be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites, even if they appear as part of the Web Site. The Personal Information you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by this Privacy Statement. If you link to or otherwise visit any these third party websites, please review their respective privacy policies.
- The Web Site may provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with us on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact so as to ensure that you understand the information that could be shared by those sites.
- We expressly disclaim to the maximum extent permissible at law any liability for the security or privacy practices included on or operated by the operators of third party websites and social media sites.
- Contact Information
- For questions, feedback or additional information about this Privacy Statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the following email address:
- This Privacy Statement provides a general statement on the ways in which we aim to protect and use your Personal Information. You may however, in connection with any specific products or services offered by us or a member of the Panasonic group, be provided with privacy policies or statements that supplement this Privacy Statement.